Sunday, March 12, 2006

Being a woman sucks because...

I need to vent. D and I got into an argument the other day that started me thinking about all the reasons it sometimes sucks to be a woman. Don't get me wrong. I am all about "girl power" and womens liberation. But sometimes I think it is just so much harder to be a female. I am not saying that I want to trade my vagina in for a penis or anything. And I realize that the challenge of being female is also what makes it better than being male, but somedays I get so sick of it.

Being a woman sucks because:

-You are prone to urinate track infections.
-You have to care about things like looks and weight even when you know it shouldn't matter.
-When you gain weight it goes straight to your ass and the first place it leaves when you lose weight is your tits.
-Girlfriends like to stab you in the back.
-Women may forgive but they never forget.
-Once you have a falling out, even when you make-up, it is never quite the same again.
-Eventually your girlfriends leave you for a boyfriend, a husband, and finally children. Men don't do this.
-Relationships are more complicated.
-You always have to be the peacemaker.
-It isn't ladylike to be irrational or yell.
-She will never tell you what she is really thinking.
-You don't get to disown your family.
-You have to remember all the important dates and phone numbers.
-You have to wax or shave everywhere.
-Drinking too much is not socially acceptable.
-Standards are too high.
-Going to a bar by yourself is taboo.

Even though I agree with many of these things, I am not feeling as passionate right now as I was the other night. Maybe I was just feeling sorry for myself. I remember being so much angrier a few days ago and being really over it! Today it is not so bad.

I still think being a female is a lot of work most days. I just hope I can live up to the challenge.


2 Comments:

Blogger Knows It All said...

I think it's called PMS. ;)

Wow. I've been there, complicated places with female friends. And once in a great while, it can't be avoided... butI really choose not too. If things get hairy, I opt out. I stay away. And when everyone is ready to play nice, I come out again. OR I don't. ANd I make myself get over it, so I move on from that person.

So much for loyalty. ANyway, sorry you had a fight and all these emotions surfaced. Take a deep breath and be as calm as you can be. Writing it allout helps one see the rationality of their reactions, I think.


By the way, glad to have you back!

5:56 AM  
Blogger McRebeck said...

I posted something similar a while back... I agree with you!! Sometimes it SUPER sucks to be a female, if ONLY I didnt care so much about things!!

Im sure you feel better already but if not buck up tomorrow is THANKFULLY a new day!!

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home