Sunday, August 28, 2005

Welcome to 2005!

Yeah! I finally have a high speed connection from home. And the best part is that it is free. I am so excited. One of our neighbors was kind enough to give us his old CPU with a wireless connection. I feel so spoiled!

I had a very nice weekend. Spent Friday out with one of my best gal pals that I have not been out with in months and months. We started out watching drag queens and ended the night dancing away at a club Downtown. It felt so nice to be out. I ended up drinking more than I planned, so had a bit of a hang over Saturday. Then Saturday night we had a few friends over for dinner. I had a total of 3 toddlers and 2 newborns at the house. Needless to say, it was a little hectic, but we managed alright. We had 7 layer dip, sangria, and sour cream chicken enchiladas for dinner. The conversation was swell and it was nice to not have to drive anywhere. Today we just chilled. We had more visitors from Las Vegas, husband's cousins with their new baby.

Now I am just chillin' in front of the television watching the VMA's. Earlier we were watching the news to monitor the hurricane hitting New Orleans. What a sad, sad thought. I love New Orleans! And it makes me sad to think about all those historical buildings being devastated by the hurricane. I hope the devastation is not as bad as they are predicting. The media has a way of hyping everything up. For instance, a friend was telling me how Miami and VMAs were flooded, etc, just yesterday and when I turned on the tube tonight, it looks just fine to me. Go figure!

I really needed a good weekend. Then it is off to vacation on Thursday. Super! So looking forward to a getaway!

1 Comments:

Blogger May1983 said...

Fun! Have a good vacation LUCKY!

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home