Saturday, April 08, 2006

Progress

I have finally got my laptop loaded up with my wireless card. It is a miracle. Now I just need to get a jump drive and MS Office and I will be light years ahead of where I was at the beginning of today. My group is starting our project and so there is a need for us to swap information regularly (i.e. spreadsheets, rough drafts, etc.). Since I am technologically challenged, I show up today with an old school floppy that contains my work. I was a little embarassed, but I did not think it would be a real big deal. Until I found out that none of the new laptops have a floppy drive. So one of my team mates offered me his jump drive so that I could transfer my stuff. I head out to the library to use one of the computers there, only to find out none of those computers have a floppy drive either. Floppy discs are so 1992. Lucky for me the PCs in the lab still have the old technology. Whew!

I am a little worried that if I do not catch up soon, I am going to be in the same category as my folks. I barely know how to download pictures from my digital camera. I barely know how to text message. I got an MP3 player for my birthday that is still in the box and frankly, I have never even downloaded an MP3. I do not know how to operate my CD-RW. I never figured out how to program the VCR and wouldn't have a clue what to do with a DVR. My RAZR is more of an accessory than a tool. I never had a palm and I do not have a Blackberry. And I never did figure out how to program hyperlinks on my blog. I am such a disaster.

I need to figure it out soon or else I am going to find myself completely left behind. I am still living in the days of the "mixed tape". Not really, but it is the modern day equivalent for sure.

2 Comments:

Blogger Knows It All said...

You'll get there. Just don't panic. Be confident and you can do anything.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Little Star said...

I'm floored by this post... I had no idea... I'm hoping you're partially exaggerating... but Knows it all's right... You'll get there... Just take the first step...

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home